Rosarians

Birth : 1882

Death: 1968
Rev. Fr. Antony Soosainather CR
First Rosarian Priest
more
Administration

Present Administrators


Br. John Lakra CR

Br. Anthony CR

Fr. Justin Raj CR

Fr. Lawrence CR

Fr. Wilson CR

Rev. Fr. A.M. Stephen CR
He was born on 5th July 1952 at Jaffna, Sri Lanka. He joined the Congregation of the Rosarians on 16th July 1972 at Jaffna Ashram. After six months he went to the Rosarian Ashram, Tholagatty, the mother house of the Congregation, Where he did his Aspirancy and Postulancy. In 1974 he came to India, and completed the rest of his formation; he started novitiate on 2nd February 1974 at Fatiamagiri Ashram Vadakangulam, Tamil Nadu and the scholastical studies at Dharmaram College and Carmelaram Theology College, Bangalore. He was ordained as a priest on 1st May 1980 at St. Mary’s Cathedral, Jaffna. After the ordination he served the congregation at various places on different assignments. He served Prior of various Ashrams: Rosary Ashram (1982 -1988), Arul Ashram (1988 - 90), Prior and Novice Master at Pushpavanam Ashram, India (1990-94), Vocation Promoter, General Councilor (1991 -94), Regional Superior, (1986 – 89, 1997-2006). As Regional Superior he started the Rosary Ashram, Vavuniya. During his tenure as Regional Superior he showed lot of interest and toiled hard to initiate the cause of Fr. Thomas OMI our Founder to the canonization process which is now underway as Servant of God. He is always being animated with the thought of the Founder of the Congregation. In the 2006 General Chapter he was elected as Prior General, during his tenure as General of the Congregation, he has canonically erected two Ashrams in Sri lanka, two in India and one in Canada, built 1st floor in Generalate for the retreatants and library for the philosophy students. In June 2010 initiated the canonization process of Rev. Fr. Antony Soosainather CR in the diocese of Tuticorin.

Rev. Fr. K.P. Xavier CR (2000-2006)
He hails from Cheranalloor of Earnakulam District of Kerala, was born on 5th January 1959. He joined the Fatiamagiri Ashram Vadakangulam-Tirunelveli Dist, Tamil Nadu on 1976 and he took the first profession on 1st May 1979. He did his philosophy at Dharmaram, Bangalore, and Theology in Carmelaram Theology College, Bangalore. He has done his regency at Devamatha Ahsram, Kerala. He was ordained a priest on 27th May 1986 At St. Xavier’s Church, Cheranalloor. After the ordination he was member of the Devamatha Asram till 18th March 1987.
He served the congregation in various offices, was Prior in RTC (1987-1988, 1991-1994 and from 2007 onwards), Ambikapur (1988-1991), Manaparai (1994-1997) and Rosary Hill Ashram (1997-2000). Being an experienced person with excellent leadership quality he was elected as Prior General in General Chapter of 2000. As The General he worked tirelessly to develop the congregation both spiritually and materially. During his reign the congregation was elevated to Pontifical Rites and celebrated the Platinum Jubilee of the congregation. In memorial of this event he built a beautiful chapel in Generalate. During his time he made way to establish new ashrams such as Mangala Matha, Vimalagiri, Marianjali and also Inaugurated two ashrams namely Sanjoe and Sirumalar ashram. In the 2006 chapter he was elected as Vicar General of the Congregation. And also He served as the 3rd term Rector of the Theologate, Rosarians Training Center in Bangalore. After in 2012 General Chapter again he was elected as the Prior General of the Congregation. At present he is the Prior General, in Rosarian Generalate, bangalore.

Rev. Fr. M.L. Aloysius CR (1988 - 2000)
He was born on 29th November 1938 at Muthupettai of Sivagangai diocese. Having been in the Jesuit order earlier, with due permission he was admitted as a postulant at Pushpavanam Ashram in may 1967. He joined the Novitiate on 7th April 1970 at Fatimagiri Ashram in the first batch of Novitiate commencing after the special (Renewal) General Chapter in 1970. He made his first vows on 7th April 1971and his final vows on 6th April 1977 at R.T.C Bangalore. He was ordained priest on 1st May 1977. In 1979 he took charge as Novice Master at Fatimagiri Ashram.
He was elected 1st General Councilor in 1982, and also continued to be the Novice Master at Pushpavanam Ashram where the Novitiate had been shifted from Vadakangulam. In May 1985 he was appointed Prior of R.T.C, after the death the then Prior General Fr.J.B.Packianather, the following month, he took charge of the administration of the Congregation as Vicar General. He was elected Prior General in 1988, and was re-elected to the same post in 1994. Rosarian Generalate in Bangalore, Rosary Hill Ashram in Kerala and Maria Basti in North India were started during his tenure as General. He shifted his residence from R.T.C to Rosarian Generalate in Bangalore, the Generalate quarters were also constructed during his term of office. He brought 150 acres of land at Avur, Trichy District. He is known as man of charity.
At the end of his term as Prior General, in 2000, he took charge as prior of Sirumalar Ashram, prattiyur. Within a couple of years he was found to be suffering from a severe stomach ailment. He joined the R.T.C community to continue his treatment in Bangalore. The treatment proved ineffective and he breathed his last on 20th April 2004 and was buried in the R.T.C cemetery.

Rev. Fr. J. B. Packianathar CR (1982-1985)
He was born in Jaffna, Sri Lanka on June 4th 1919. He began his novitiate in 1944 and took his first vows on March 7th 1945 and his final vows on March 7th 1948. He was ordained priest on January 6th 1949 being one among the first four priests who were taught and trained by Fr. Founder himself for priesthood. He came to Fatimagiri, India in 1951. After being assistant to Fr. Susainathar there for some time, he continued there as Prior till 1959. Then after one year’s priorship at Pushpavanam, he took charge as Prior of Nishkalanka in 1960, in which post he continued till our first special General Chapter in 1970, when he was appointed Prior of Fatimagiri. Later, in 1972, he took charge as Prior at Tholagatty, Sri Lanka; he established the Arul Ashram in Jaffna, Sri Lanka. He acted as Second General Council from 1976 to 1982. He was elected Prior General by the second ordinary General Chapter held in 1982. He started the Japamala Ragini Savana Ashram at Kochchikade in the Archdiocese of Colombo. His health which was deteriorating took a sudden turn for the worse in 1985 June, on his way to visit the Ashrams in Sri Lanka. He died in a hospital in Colombo on 23rd June 1985 and was buried at the Tholagatty Ashram cemetery.

Rev. Fr. Chacko Bernard CR (1976 - 1982)
He hailed from paippadu of Changanacherry Archdiocese; was born in 27th April 1914. While working as a teacher in Maristella College Negombo, Srilanka, he came in contact with the Founder in Tholagatty Ashram and joined there in September 1950. He did his Novitiate there in 1952; made his first profession on 11th October 1953 and final profession on 11th October 1956. He was sent to St. Paul’s seminary Trichy for theological studies and was ordained priest on 25th March 1960. The same year he joined the Tholagatty Community, where he served as Prior for some time. Having returned to India in 1962, he served as Novice Master till 1970. The same year he was appointed as prior of Nishkalanka Ashram. In 1973, he took charge as Prior of Fatimagiri Ashram. The first ordinary general chapter held at Fatimagiri Ashram in 1976 elected him as Prior General, and he shifted his residence to R.T.C Bangalore, which was chosen as the Generalate House. During his term as Prior General Annai Ashram, Mala Maria Ashram and Devamatha Ashram were founded. After his term of generalship he served as prior of Devamatha (Three years), Fatimagiri (Six years), Rosary Hill (three years) and finally Devamatha (six years).
The last six years of his life was spent in retirement and prayer at Devamatha Ashram. For many years during the latter half of life he was engaged in apostolate of writing, producing several spiritual books in English and Malayalam. His end came at Devamatha Ashram due to a stroke that kept him paralyzed and speechless for a week. He breathed his last on 2nd January 2006 and was interred the following day in Devamatha Ashram Cemetery.